Singapore Dollar
US Dollar
World Stock Market Index

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Audit workshop

went for this workshop today.
Cant imagine myself spending 40 hrs per yr to undergo training juz to maintain my license (provided i get it)...
Er... assume a 3hr course will cost me $150... I will spend abt $2,500 for training...

But it doesnt justify lor... Explain y...

I realised that there r quite a few errors in my working. Due to small matters, boss dont highlight to me. Anyway need to do changes from now on.

Compare to 10 yrs ago, audit fee easily ranges from (easy small cases) $1,500 to (big cases with conso) $20,000
However, now fees range from $1,000 to $15,000

But u c lor...
Last time, bosses normally see see look look then sign. Now bosses had to see see think think look look then sign. But their fees getting lesser...

On papers, audit assistant (aa) should get more than accountants. Cos AA checked their works mah. Many accountant tot we command salary of $2k+ but no lor...
i only command $1k+ but need to check accountants' masterpiece and had to finish it within a week or so.

In event that the client kana charged. Accountant can say the accounts had been audited Auditors can push responsibilities to AA lor. Cos AA doing the work. Auditors reviewed wat is written by AA.

I looked at myself and other friends who working as admin clerks. I commanded salary = or < than but my responsibility is much higher than them.

Not fair right?

Anyway, the course lecturer said audit staffs need not only use eyes to look at the entries but also need to use nose to smell any rats.
And... the client only pay abt $1k+ to employ 'rat catcher'...

If client tat yr good business, we wanna raise our fees for 'more work done and higher risk involved'.
The client will say "Volume the same lah... only i bill them higher invoice only mah. Not fair that u charge me so much higher."

If u raise fees, client dont pay u. then they change auditors without paying u.
If u maintain the fees, u spent more time and more risk but dont earn.
then wat's e point becoming a professional

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home