Singapore Dollar
US Dollar
World Stock Market Index

Monday, December 04, 2006

share n unit trust

i meant a friend in JP yesterday.
She OT again. Well... her bank new policy is 7 days open.

She promoting some investment n promise capital protection with returns of 5% over 3 yrs
This works out to be 1.3% / yr (without discounting inflation)

Aunties, like my mom, like this type of investment. Cos it comes with free woks. hahaa
My mom came home with a bank browser asking for my opinion for such investment.
I told her its silly although the interest is more than saving account's 0.25% or fixed deposit 0.5%

But u locking ur money for 3 yrs lor! if got emergency, u cant draw this sum. N that 'auntie' went to market again n happily showed me the policy she signed.
"Mom! If u made a decision, dont ask me for opinion."

She went to buy a mp3 for $70 which is only 125mb. Heloo... my mp3 is 512mb only $120! Told her dont buy, dont listen... (Cos christmas coming, i waiting for discounts mah)

Anyway, i explained the logic to my friend. Then my itchy mouth strike again. I told her of my venture with Metro, which i luckily made 4% after sales. She asked me to help her invest n wants to pool $500 with me.

Helloo... i playing shares not unit trust leh...
In shares, there is no such thing as pooling. If u want, i tips u. then u decided urself n buy. If its falling, i will tip u again for u to sell.

If u pool, how i decided which amount belongs to u?
Eg. Today i buy Metro n 2nd Chance. How i know which partion is urs? My purchase could be $3000, $2000, am i going to spilt $300 n 200 for u?

If u throw $50,000 at me. Fine... I play with ur money. Any gain/ loss, u bear. Of the profit, i took maybe 5-10% as my commission.

Actually unit trust is a pool of money used to invest in bonds, shares, etc
Shares is only capital of a company.
Dividend is profit from the company. The amount of dividend depend on how much shares u own. But most unit trust dont give dividend.

Yanhong asked me wat type of gal i looking for...
Forgot wat peom i wrote. But 1 line states "She no need to know how to invest".
I scare she become another brainless auntie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home