Singapore Dollar
US Dollar
World Stock Market Index

Sunday, February 19, 2006

i juz received a news... Zhenqin decided to quit. I wont say i disappointed but i felt sad for him. He is unable to get good pic of things. Well... that's how i judge him from his sms.
He juz sms that he is disappointed that he is unable to get a good role. But he was happy when he saying that he may be acting Chen Lin in Li Mao Huan Tai Zi. That is a big role and a good 1. er... or is it Guo Huai... But no difference... both are eunches...

The thing is ... small roles are supporting roles to the big roles. if u can handle small role well, naturally u can handle big roles. The problem with this show 倩女幽魂 is that there are only 4 main roles. The ghost (Xiao Qian), the monster, the main scholar and a priest.

But roles are added due to the number of students. Thus there are 2 side scholars, 5 extra ghosts, 1 rich guy and his assistant, 1 more hero and 2 extras (1 of them is me). of cos, looking at the number of scenes, the 2 extras got the least. Y? cos they are extras mah thus only got 1/4 scene hahaa. the rest got at least 2 scenes.
Hey... dont look at these extras, there is a prize call Best Supporting Actor/ Actress. (But normally, the bad guy will win these)

As i controlling the music, i normally am in front watching. There are a few NGs, which are good to laugh at. But as a 'professional', i dont laugh unless its really very funny. Cos i felt that its a bit rude. But these gang of ppl will laugh when they think its funny. Then my platoon commander will say "laugh some more". HAHAA

When i was working as director cum producer's assistant, i also dont laugh at the talents and actors. (BUT i will laugh at them when i was doing editing of the film) Its not so funny but at least wont ambrass the guy. As such, i amend my "Laughing Act". With immediate effect, laughing is own time own target.

Aiya.. dont bother abt all these bo liao Acts of mine. Cos its really very BO LIAO...
speaking of these Acts, there is a chapter "Zhong Xiao Ren Yi Lan Ci"

er... its very stupid. This yr, 3 persons is charged with zhong so far. all the ppl in the troop are charged with xiao.
i wont talk abt Zhong due to confidential reasons, but will Xiao and Yi. one of the Bu Zhong ppl, is myself.

Teacher complaining no1 celebrate her birthday... Thus all students are not Xiao.
Zhenqin charged with Bu Yi, reasons... leaving the troop just before the show.

Now to remember my enlarged script... drop me silly comments leh. boring for me to write to myself to read...

6 Comments:

Blogger Miko said...

i give u comments~ hey.. learn the song properly ok. If you sing well, u will get to sing again~

haiz, it is always the roles that create problems. I also kana very small roles before but that doesn't mean that teacher look down on me. Last time at chinatown, I do maid role with only one song.

It is very common cuz like u said, the show only got 4 main characters. The rest are created by teacher but the rest also play a part in the show and make the show more interesting wat...

9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya. and i believe you are still very green in this industry, right? if so, then its fine. just take it as a chance to train (mo lian). everything starts with practice makes perfect theory.
wish you all the best for your performance.

10:06 am  
Blogger Kongming said...

who is this Mr/Ms Anonymous?

10:07 pm  
Blogger amai said...

Hi,
We all started out as small roles. None of us shoot straight up to main roles overnight. Chinese opera is an art and it usually takes years to train one opera actor.
Small roles are vital in the process towards main roles. Newbies have to gain stage experiences before they are given bigger roles.
When I first joined my troupe, I did frontstage as subtitles. I got so spellbound by the show performed in front of my eyes that I forgot to scroll my subtitles. Cos I was very young..so I din get any scolding but was reminded not to ruin it the next time.
My very first role that I took was Si Jiu, page boy of Liang Shan Bo in one of the excerpts - 十八相送。
No talking lines but with around 2 to 3 lines of singing...with 3 to 6 words in a line. When I first got my very lst excerpt acting as Liang Shan Bo in 十八相送。。。I learnt that role for six months before I had my chance to go on stage n I plopped the whole show! Despite learning for six months for a short excerpt, I made a big mess!
After 3 years, I had my very first performance in Victoria Theatre, took part in 2 excerpts. Before that I was so stressed up that I even fainted on stage during my full-dress rehearsal. I just said a lyric of only 2 words n blackness engulfed me. (LOL)
It was 6 years later that I finally got a chance to be a lead in one of the full-length show in Golden Theatre. Though I spent some years studying in between before I finally reported back to my troupe after I graduated. I was lagging behind and I know that I need to work extra hard to get back those years that I lost. Years of being extras did help a great deal. ^^

1:21 am  
Blogger Miko said...

woah.. history of Amai revealed!

10:00 am  
Blogger Kongming said...

can write biography liao...

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home