Singapore Dollar
US Dollar
World Stock Market Index

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Election 2

Knowing many of u not very concern of politics, i not going to blog serious things...

Mr Ong, (an outsource accountant who do accounts manually regardless of how big the client is)a friend of my boss, came to see us this evening. This is 1 of the few clients who i spoke hokkien to. i like him coming cos there will be jokes.

Running for Election

Ong: Are u all go to vote for election?
Me: No, West Coast not going. But i going Boon Keng due to a 'script' which i wrote. (Read
script)
Ong: Boon Keng is Jalan Besar GRC leh
Me: I going to ask my friends , XJ, YY, MX and CS to help me out. Then ask PM Lee to appoint
one of us as Minister of Arts and Communication.
Ong: Y?
Me: All of us like opera. Wanna Fa Yang Guang Da this art.
Ong: Then who is ur minority?
Me: Need minority?
Ong: Yah...
Me: Oh... Then i need to replan my team. Hahaa


Election Deposit

Ong: U need $13.5k for election deposit
Me: I know.
Ong: U will be lucky if u could get 12.5% of the votes to get back the deposit.
Me: I know. My 'script' got say that I am lucky if i can get back my deposit mah. I read for u 1
more time. (Then i read out the script again)
Ong: Teach u 1 method. Follow Ma YingJiu. Go block to block and beg for votes.
Me: I thinking of 3 Gui 5 Bai
Ong: Then the meaning of your last line?
Me: Watch opera at home and sleep.

We were chatting abt his client. This client had his entire family working in the Group of Company.

Ong: Tat family, including son-in-laws, daughter-in-laws, etc all working in the company and is
drawing $8,000 per mth leh. I think the 2nd and 3rd son-in-laws are married into the
family. If i remember correctly, the youngest daughter not married leh. Mingde, u
interested to marry into their family?
Boss: Yah, u should apply. Then no need to work so hard and can draw high wages. $8k leh
Me: I have preparing to go Jalan Besar. MP wages is $11k. Then i work my way up to Minister.
Boss: As son-in-law, u no need to work much leh
Me: I calculated that i got a Bull's life, meaning i need to work very hard for my wife n myself
not at home shake leg.

Then we went on to discuss about about guys marrying into wife's family, which is not interesting.

Tomorrow is Nomination Day! Will u see me at one of the Nomination Centre? Of cos not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home